The Artificial Intelligence (AI) for K-12 initiative (AI4K12) is jointly sponsored by AAAI
. The initiative will eventually result in (1) national guidelines for AI education for K-12, (2) an online, curated resource Directory to facilitate AI instruction, and (3) a community of resource and tool developers focused on the AI for K-12 audience.
- 2/6/2021: States Plan to Teach Artificial Intelligence in K-12 press release.
- 1/17/2021: “Artificial Intelligence Thinking in K-12” book chapter released.
- 11/19/2020: Big Idea #3 “Learning” draft guidelines released for public comment, please fill out this feedback form.
- 5/28/2020: Big Idea #1 “Perception” draft guidelines released for public comment, please fill out this feedback from.
- 4/16/2019: “Five Big Ideas in AI” poster and graphic released.
- 3/5/2019: NSF funding awarded for the AI for K-12 initiative.
- 7/9/2018: 120 people attended the “AI for K-12” breakfast at CSTA 2018.
- 5/15/2018: AAAI press release announcing the AI for K-12 initiative.